- Alcohol Activities & Services
The Activities & Services section of the website has information about what the HPA is up to.
This is where you can find out what we are working on and how we achieve our goals.
- Campaigns & Communication Work
- Community Action
- Support for Requirements of Sale and Supply
- Policy Advice & Research
- Support for Health Sector Action
- Want to use Standard Drinks Icons or SAY Now toolkit?
- Contact Us
- Alcohol & You
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more? Do you know exactly how big a standard drink is?
Play the online games in the section to find out. Find out all about your relationship with alcohol here...
- Is Your Drinking Okay?
- How much are you drinking tonight?
- What's in a Standard Drink?
- Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Advice
- Easing up on the drink
- How to Be Safer
- Alcohol and Your Kids
- Body Effects Tool
- Alcohol - the Body & Health Effects
- How to Access Treatment
- The Law & You
- Drinking & Driving
- Legislation & Policy
Check out this section for NZ legislation and local strategies and polices relating to alcohol.
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Sale of Liquor Act
- Planning & Resource Management Act
- Alcoholism & Drug Addiction Act
- Alcohol Bans
- Alcohol Strategies & Policies
- Liquor Licences
- Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority Decisions
- Advertising Alcohol
- Signage Resources for Vendors
- Host Responsibility
- Research & Resources
This is the research and resources section. This is where you can find alcohol statistics and researched topics.
HPA has a research blog. Take a look at some of the interesting conversations that are happening here.
- Latest Resources
- Online Resources
- PDFs of Alcohol Resources
- Order Publications, Resources & Signs
- SAY NOW Guidelines and Toolbox
- AlcoholNZ Magazine
- Monthly e-Newsletter
- Library Catalogue
- Research Publications
- Research Blog
- NZ Statistics
Campaigns & Communication Work
Marketing is one of the tools the Heath Promotion Agency uses to reduce the harm and costs that come from drinking too much alcohol. Our national marketing campaigns aim to change behaviour and attitudes towards drinking alcohol. Marketing supports our work in policy and legislation by creating awareness and providing resources to help people change their drinking patterns. Communities are also able to leverage off the national messaging and tailor it to support their efforts to reduce alcohol-related harm locally.
HPA's national marketing campaigns provide you with the confidence and tools to look after each other around alcohol - from the way you set up and host social occasions at home, through to how you can talk to someone you care about, if they’re concerned about their drinking.
Click here to see information about HPA's latest campaign.
You can call the Alcohol Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797, it is a confidential advice service available from 10am - 10pm 7 days.