- Alcohol Activities & Services
The Activities & Services section of the website has information about what the HPA is up to.
This is where you can find out what we are working on and how we achieve our goals.
- Campaigns & Communication Work
- Community Action
- Support for Requirements of Sale and Supply
- Policy Advice & Research
- Support for Health Sector Action
- Want to use Standard Drinks Icons or SAY Now toolkit?
- Contact Us
- Alcohol & You
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more? Do you know exactly how big a standard drink is?
Play the online games in the section to find out. Find out all about your relationship with alcohol here...
- Is Your Drinking Okay?
- How much are you drinking?
- What's in a Standard Drink?
- Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Advice
- Easing up on the drink
- How to Be Safer
- Alcohol and Your Kids
- Body Effects Tool
- Alcohol - the Body & Health Effects
- How to Access Treatment
- The Law & You
- Drinking & Driving
- Legislation & Policy
Check out this section for NZ legislation and local strategies and polices relating to alcohol.
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Sale of Liquor Act 1989
- Planning & Resource Management Act
- Alcoholism & Drug Addiction Act
- Alcohol Bans
- Alcohol Strategies & Policies
- Liquor Licences
- Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority Decisions
- Advertising Alcohol
- Signage Resources for Vendors
- Host Responsibility
- Research & Resources
This is the research and resources section. This is where you can find alcohol statistics and researched topics.
HPA has a research blog. Take a look at some of the interesting conversations that are happening here.
- Latest Resources
- PDFs of Alcohol Resources
- Order Publications, Resources & Signs
- SAY NOW Guidelines and Toolbox
- AlcoholNZ Magazine
- Monthly e-Newsletter
- Library Catalogue
- Research Publications
- Research Blog
- NZ Statistics
Easing up on the drink
Drinking becomes a problem when it causes problems or harm for you or those around you.
Whether you want to talk to someone else about easing up, or want to know more about easing up yourself, this site can help.
How to talk about it
Are you concerned about the way someone you care about is drinking? Someone's use of alcohol is a problem for you when they behave in ways that are distressing or harmful to you. more...
How to Ease up
Are you worried about your drinking? Do you regret your behaviour when drunk? Do you want to make changes to the way you drink? more...
Having people over for drinks at home or hosting a celebration can be really exciting - and there's always a lot to think about to make sure you and your guests have a great time! more...