- Alcohol Activities & Services
The Activities & Services section of the website has information about what the HPA is up to.
This is where you can find out what we are working on and how we achieve our goals.
- Campaigns & Communication Work
- Community Action
- Support for Requirements of Sale and Supply
- Policy Advice & Research
- Support for Health Sector Action
- Want to use Standard Drinks Icons or SAY Now toolkit?
- Contact Us
- Alcohol & You
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more? Do you know exactly how big a standard drink is?
Play the online games in the section to find out. Find out all about your relationship with alcohol here...
- Is Your Drinking Okay?
- How much are you drinking tonight?
- What's in a Standard Drink?
- Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Advice
- Easing up on the drink
- How to Be Safer
- Alcohol and Your Kids
- Body Effects Tool
- Alcohol - the Body & Health Effects
- How to Access Treatment
- The Law & You
- Drinking & Driving
- Legislation & Policy
Check out this section for NZ legislation and local strategies and polices relating to alcohol.
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Local Alcohol Policies
- Sale of Liquor Act
- Planning & Resource Management Act
- Alcoholism & Drug Addiction Act
- Alcohol Bans
- Alcohol Strategies & Policies
- Liquor Licences
- Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority Decisions
- Advertising Alcohol
- Signage Resources for Vendors
- Host Responsibility
- Research & Resources
This is the research and resources section. This is where you can find alcohol statistics and researched topics.
HPA has a research blog. Take a look at some of the interesting conversations that are happening here.
- Latest Resources
- Online Resources
- PDFs of Alcohol Resources
- Order Publications, Resources & Signs
- SAY NOW Guidelines and Toolbox
- AlcoholNZ Magazine
- Monthly e-Newsletter
- Library Catalogue
- Research Publications
- Research Blog
- NZ Statistics
Sport Assisting Youth NOW
SAY NOW in sports clubs
SAY NOW is a collaborative education awareness approach to reducing alcohol-related harm through sports clubs. Aims of the programme are to provide an environment to nurture young players’ potential and promote the sports club as a family environment.
This programme encourages decision makers within sports clubs to foster environments that model responsible drinking behaviours.
SAY NOW provides a forum for bringing together sporting role models and key stakeholders in your community (e.g. health professionals, NZ Police, local government, Accident Compensation Corporation and other interested agencies or community group representatives) to raise awareness of alcohol-related harm.
Clubs who choose to implement SAY NOW in their community can make a significant contribution to curbing the binge drinking culture in New Zealand.
Three components of the SAY NOW model:
- Development of responsible attitudes and behaviors towards drinking
- Creation of safer drinking environments
- Demonstration of positive youth12-24 years of age. development.
The SAY NOW Guidelines and toolkit
The SAY NOW Guidelines and the tools in the SAY NOW Toolkit are being hosted in the HPA's Alcohol Brand Library. They are free to download. They provide you with a step-by-step guide to the model and the necessary templates that will assist you in the delivery of a SAY NOW project.
When you request the guidelines, you can also request to download the tools or request them later after reading the guidelines. We will also provide contact details for the Canterbury Police Alcohol Strategy and Enforcement Team, Sport Canterbury representatives and our Regional Managers who will answer any queries you have regarding SAY NOW.