This section covers key aspects of the Act for on-licences.
Key definitions from the Act
- s.60 Sale and supply in clubs to members and guests only.
- s.61 Administrative requirements for club licences.
- s.62 No bring-your-own alcohol in clubs.
- s.212 Appointment of managers.
- s.215 Circumstances where manager on duty does not apply.
Key sections of the Act (in addition to those above)
- s.3 Purpose of Act
- s.4 Object of Act
- ss.43-45 Permitted trading hours
- s.46 No sale or supply outside permitted trading hours
- s.47A ANZAC Day trading hours for RNZRSA licensed clubs
- ss.51-54 Non-alcoholic drinks, low alcohol drinks, food, transport information all to be available
- s.57 Display of signs and licence
- s.100 Form of application
- s.103 Police, Medical Officer of Health, and Inspector must inquire into applications
- s.105 Criteria for issue of licences
- s.106 Considering effects of issue or renewal of licence on amenity and good order of locality
- s.110 Particular conditions
- s.120 Variation of conditions
- s.127 Application for renewal of licence
- s.131 Criteria for renewal
- s.280 Variation, suspension or cancellation of licences other than special licences
s.239 Sale or supply of alcohol to people under purchase age
- Form 5 (Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013). Application for club licence or renewal of club licence.
- Note that different District Licensing Committees may have developed their own application forms/ additional requirements.