District Licensing Committees
District licensing committees (DLCs) are set up under the Act and are administered by your local council. DLCs are independent decision-making bodies. Within their local areas, DLCs decide applications for:
- new on-licences, off-licences, club and special licences
- renewals of on-licences, off-licences and club licences
- new and renewed managers’ certificates
- variations of licence conditions
- enforcement action for special licences.
Guides on objecting to or applying for a licence to sell or supply alcohol
The downloadable booklets below are provide guidance and information to support people appearing before a district licensing committee. There is one about applying for a licence to sell or supply alcohol and one about objecting to a licence to sell or supply alcohol. They contain information about:
- the current law on alcohol licensing
- how to apply for or object to a licence
- how licensing hearings work
- how licensing decisions are made.