Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Checking suitability of the applicant
- convictions, character and reputation
- intelligence held
- immigration status
- Companies Office and Personal Property Securities Register (PPRS)
- the location or event designation
- Vetting of previous history or compliance issues.
- Targeting-to-risk to reduce harm.
- Assessing amenity and good order impacts (including crime).
- Site-checking new premises.
- Providing a report if opposed to an application (Smart Client report).
- Giving evidence by speaking to the report, if required.
- Commenting on CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design).
- Monitoring and enforcement – undertaking compliance checks.
- Undertaking Controlled Purchase Operations.