Where to find alcohol statistics
New Zealand government agencies and universities that provide alcohol-related data and research information:
- Te Hiringa Hauora/Health Promotion Agency
- Ministry of Health - Alcohol use data and statistics (New Zealand Health Survey)
- Ministry of Transport - Alcohol and drugs crash facts
- Statistics New Zealand - Data tables by subject - Alcohol available for consumption information
- New Zealand Police - Crime statistics
- University of Auckland, Adolescent Health Research Group - Youth2000 Survey Series
- University of Otago, Injury Prevention Research Unit - Injury statistics
- Massey University, SHORE and Whāriki Research Centre - Alcohol research publications
- healthspace website - multi-source alcohol-related harm data and information in the form of interactive maps, graphs and tables. Data is presented at sub-national levels including: Regional Council, District Health Board, Territorial Authority, Local Area Ward and Census Area Unit levels.
Many of the alcohol research reports and information publications by Te Hiringa Hauora have alcohol-related statistics. To find these publications, go to Research and information publications.