- Alcohol Activities & Services
This section is where you can find out about HPA's alcohol-related work and how to contact us.
Further information about HPA and its wider work on other topics can be found on our main website – www.hpa.org.nz
- Campaigns & communication work
- Community Action
- Policy advice and research
- Support for alcohol legislation requirements
- Support for low-risk drinking environments
- Support for health sector action
- Contact Us
- Alcohol & You
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more? Do you know exactly how big a standard drink is?
Play the online games in the section to find out. Find out all about your relationship with alcohol here...
- Is your drinking okay?
- How much are you drinking?
- What's in a standard drink?
- Low-risk alcohol drinking advice
- Easing up on the drink
- How to be safer
- Alcohol & your kids
- Body effects tool
- Alcohol - the body and health effects
- How to access treatment
- The law and you
- Drinking and driving
- Legislation & Policy
Check out this section for NZ legislation and local strategies and polices relating to alcohol.
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Regulatory Agencies website - collaboraction.org.nz
- Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority decisions
- Advertising alcohol
- Signage and resources for vendors
- Host responsibility
- Alcohol bans
- Alcoholism & Drug Addiction Act
- Research & Resources
This is the research and resources section. This is where you can find alcohol statistics and researched topics.
HPA has a research blog. Take a look at some of the interesting conversations that are happening here.
- Latest Resources
- AlcoholNZ magazine
- AlcoholNZ subscription
- Ease up monthly e-newsletter
- Email group
- Library catalogue
- Research publications
- NZ statistics
- SAY NOW guidelines and toolbox
The next phase of the alcohol moderation Say Yeah, Nah campaign launched on 2 November. Not Beersies supports the work that has already been done to provide people with a language to ease up - Say Yeah, Nah - and to discourage pushing alcohol on others - ‘They’re not saying no to you, they’re saying no to the beersies’.
AlcoholNZ - January 2015
In this ‘alcohol help interventions’ themed issue:
- Settings for interventions.
- Secondary students and alcohol.
- Online recovery.
- HPA’s low-risk alcohol drinking advice.
- Resources for people wanting help with their alcohol use.