- Alcohol Activities & Services
This section is where you can find out about HPA's alcohol-related work and how to contact us.
Further information about HPA and its wider work on other topics can be found on our main website – www.hpa.org.nz
- Campaigns & communication work
- Community Action
- Policy advice and research
- Support for alcohol legislation requirements
- Support for low-risk drinking environments
- Support for health sector action
- Contact Us
- Alcohol & You
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more? Do you know exactly how big a standard drink is?
Play the online games in the section to find out. Find out all about your relationship with alcohol here...
- Is your drinking okay?
- How much are you drinking?
- What's in a standard drink?
- Low-risk alcohol drinking advice
- Easing up on the drink
- How to be safer
- Alcohol & your kids
- Body effects tool
- Alcohol - the body & health effects
- How to access treatment
- The law and you
- Drinking and driving
- Legislation & Policy
Check out this section for NZ legislation and local strategies and polices relating to alcohol.
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
- Alcoholism & Drug Addiction Act
- Alcohol strategies and policies
- Liquor licences
- Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority decisions
- Advertising alcohol
- Signage and resources for vendors
- Host responsibility
- Research & Resources
This is the research and resources section. This is where you can find alcohol statistics and researched topics.
HPA has a research blog. Take a look at some of the interesting conversations that are happening here.
- Latest resources
- PDFs of Alcohol Resources
- SAY NOW guidelines and toolbox
- AlcoholNZ magazine
- Ease up monthly e-newsletter
- Library catalogue
- Research publications
- NZ statistics
- Useful websites
Mā te tika o te mahi i roto i te pono me te aroha. Ka eke ki ngā taumata o te ora
Integrity, honour and passion will ensure success
Alcohol & You
This section is all about your relationship with alcohol - from how you are drinking, to how alcohol affects your body. This section has a number of games and interactive tools that provide a way for you to find out more about your drinking.
Want to know if your drinking is okay? Or are you considering making some changes to your drinking but want to know more?
Do you know how much alcohol is in a standard drinkA drink containing 10 grams of alcohol.? Can you pour a standard drink? Want to know how alcohol affects your liver or other parts of your body? Play the online games in this section to find out.
You will also find more detailed pages about how alcohol affects your body. There are tips about how to get home safely and what to do in an emergency if someone has consumed too much alcohol.
There is information on how to access help and treatment, and who to talk to.
If you are looking for help with your drinking, phone the Alcohol Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797. This service is free and confidential.